Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Random laugh

Okay, I need to start this, but no promises on regularity of posting.

Currently I am doing travel nursing.  This has given me some incredible opportunities to go places I would never get to go, and I do like that.  I also meet some incredible people and share some amazing experiences.  I have to say,  I really like that.

So to start this off I will share a story from before traveling, one that still cracks me up:


While charting on a patient one night I read the evening nurse's note stating "the patient makes little to no eye contact."  I reread this, and sat puzzled for several moments.  Then I turned to another night nurse:

RealNut79: Have you taken care of this patient?
NurseRatched70: Yes.
Realnut79: Aren't they blind?e
NurseRatched70: Yes.


And there you have it.  This is what happens when you don't get adequate report: you chart stupid stuff!






No comments:

Post a Comment