Friday, January 31, 2014

I will be a snowbird for life!



I cannot get over how sunny and warm it is all the time here in Mesa.  I totally get the snowbird thing so much better now.  Forget waiting until I'm older, I think I want to do this every winter from here on out!!

So far I have been to Tombstone with family and friends, Sedona with a group of gypsies, hiking in the Superstitions with gypsies, shooting in Tonto National forest and out to eat at some fantastic new restaurants!

Tombstone was such a fun day.  We did see the OK Corral reenactment and it was worth it.  I wouldn't mind seeing it again!  Sedona was a blast and so beautiful.  I could definitely go back there.  Hiking in the Superstitions was absolutely breathtaking, literally, and I will get back there to see some more.  Shooting was a wonderful experience.  I've shot rifles, but now feel confident with a handgun.

Work is going well, too.  I know I could probably pick up OT, but I am having way too much fun running around outside to want stay inside.  I have met some wonderful people from all over as many of my patients are snowbird.  I even had some folks from Fargo and the wife and I reminisced about sauce from Mexican Village.

Funny story so far, I was helping an older gentleman to the bathroom and he was hooked to the IV and it was finished.  He was eager to go and I kept saying wait and he kept moving.  I finally said it more loudly and firmly "Wait!" and he said "That's what made the bridge fall"  I cracked up, he did as well.  It was so fun.

If you want to see my photos so far, here are the links.  I don't know if you need an account or not!

Tombstone: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35077813@N03/sets/72157640354491573/
Sedona: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35077813@N03/sets/72157640352472465/
Tonto National Forest: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35077813@N03/sets/72157640353128435/


No comments:

Post a Comment