Sunday, April 13, 2014

Feel free to go somewhere else, please!


So in a little over a week I have driven over 2500 miles with the briefest of stops at home and Cincinnati.  I'm looking forward to July and being home for a little longer stretch, but I greatly enjoyed the time I was able to spend with friends and family.

I am now in Danville, Virginia.  For supper last night I went to Subway, and I admit by the time I got there I was a little hangry.  The guy in front of me seemed indecisive, and then I realized that he would ask the price of an item, and when told he would say he could go to the sub shop up the road and get it for less.  He did this repeatedly, and I looked at one of the workers and mouthed "So go somewhere else"  and she nodded back at me.

Turns out, he does this all the time.  The poor Subway people have to deal with him frequently.  I do not get it.  The prices aren't going to get cheaper suddenly, and the person making the sandwich isn't the one determining the price.  I call that an exercise in futility.  He finally said he was going to the other sub shop because it was cheaper.  Maybe he owns that shop and was casing the competition? 

Anyway, I figure if that was my first experience in Danville I am in for a real treat of nonstop laughs the next three months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment