Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year, new locations, new people

Happy New Year!  What is it about this day?  It's a Wednesday, normal snowy day in Iowa.  Yet it's a day that has so much significance to so many people.  A fresh start on goals.  This year I will.....?

Well, today I will not attempt to start a diet as we have snack food galore ready to go for all day football.  Today I will enjoy the snow falling because I know that come Monday, when the high in Des Moines is forecast to be -2, I will be in sunny Arizona wearing flip flops!!  Today I will cheer for the Hawkeyes in the Outback bowl, and I most likely will not start an exercise regimen.  Today I will enjoy a day with my folks, because these are few of these left this visit.

Next up is Mesa, AZ.  I am so excited about this contract.  I know people in the area, I know people that will be visiting the area and it's going to be warm!!  I get to work day shift which means I may even get a slight tan, or at least look a little less pasty.

And here is a laugh to start off your new year:

I was watching the heart monitors and realized my patient had leads off.  I went in to check and found said patient in the bathroom, with the heart monitor on the floor, IV line on the floor, pulling off various dressings.  I stood staring unsure what to even say or where to start and the patient looked at me and said "It's a mystery"   


1 comment:

  1. Haha! funny. What did you do? Your new job sounds great, but I miss you stopping by on your way east :) Enjoy the rest of your time with your folks!

    ReplyDelete