Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Change of plans

Virginia didn't work out, so I am back in Texas.  And while Abilene wasn't my favorite town, I did really love where I worked and the people I worked with.  I'm not on the same floor, but I like where I'm at and have already reconnected with local friends. 

The big benefit is I'm only on nights for a few weeks and will be back to a day shift.  I have learned as I get older I function better working days.  I'm a complete sun addict after my stint in Arizona.  It's been pretty windy so far, more so than normal according to locals.  If that lets up I shouldn't be crazy at the end of this assignment.

The drive down here went well, with a humorous siting of a truck pulling a trailer of tires on the side of the road with a flat tire.  And I truly love driving through Kansas, I think it's beautiful, especially The Flint Hills.  So far in my travels the only place I have not enjoyed driving through is Nebraska!!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to adventures and funny stories while I'm in TX, because I truly believe it's all in your perspective.  Or maybe I'm just blessed with a great sense of humor and knack for being in the right place at the right time (or wrong place at the wrong time....however you see it).

No comments:

Post a Comment